- 1YOUR PINS and PERSONAL CODES WILL NOT BE GIVEN OUT VIA TELEPHONE OR EMAIL!
- 2How do I view my IB Results in July?
- 3Cameron Heights will be closed for Construction from July 1st until September 4th. Consequently, report cards will be mailed home via Canada Post. Check the website in August for updates.
- 4Congratulations to our IB 11s and 12s who recently wrote their IB examinations. We are very proud of you! Results can be checked at: https://candidates.ibo.org on July 7. You must have your IB log in information to check your results. This personal information WILL NOT be provided via email or telephone.
- 5Notice to all parents regarding Fee Receipts: IB Fees can not be used for tax purposes. See the information provided under "For Parents" regarding Canada Revenue. Consequently, receipts will only be issued to parents who request a fee receipt, as a way to cut down on paper use. You may email email@example.com for a receipt for fees paid for the current school year (2017-2018), or you may send your student in to pick up a receipt from Ms Neeb. Thanks!
- 6The 2018-2019 WRDSB school year calendar is now available.
- 7The May 2019 IB Examination Schedule is available!
- 8Great Summer Opportunity
- 9Cameron Heights IB Course Selection
- 10Cameron Heights IB Parent Association
- 11Our Application Period for Grade 8s is CLOSED and all offers of admission have been sent to email addresses provided.
- 12IB Announcements
- 13Looking For Volunteer Opportunities?
- 14CIBPA (Cameron IB Parent Association)
- 15May 2017 IB Examination Results Statistics
- 16For those of you who like to plan ahead:
- 17IB Pathways for University
- 18Grade 9 English Classroom Visits
- 19Is your family planning a holiday?
- 20CAS Requirement
- 21CAS REMINDERS
- 23OVERVIEW OF THE IB PROGRAMME
YOUR PINS and PERSONAL CODES WILL NOT BE GIVEN OUT VIA TELEPHONE OR EMAIL!
- Please do not ask for your IB Personal Code and PIN via email or phone. This is confidential information that was handed out in person to all students during the school year. Students were given multiple opportunities during the year to obtain this information.
How do I view my IB Results in July?
- Go to: https://candidates.ibo.org IN FIREFOX anytime after July 6th 15:00:00 GMT
- Use your Personal code and your PIN to login (available from your IB coordinator–this information will not be given via email or phone–privacy issues)
- Check your results!
Cameron Heights will be closed for Construction from July 1st until September 4th. Consequently, report cards will be mailed home via Canada Post. Check the website in August for updates.
Congratulations to our IB 11s and 12s who recently wrote their IB examinations. We are very proud of you! Results can be checked at: https://candidates.ibo.org on July 7. You must have your IB log in information to check your results. This personal information WILL NOT be provided via email or telephone.
Notice to all parents regarding Fee Receipts: IB Fees can not be used for tax purposes. See the information provided under “For Parents” regarding Canada Revenue. Consequently, receipts will only be issued to parents who request a fee receipt, as a way to cut down on paper use. You may email firstname.lastname@example.org for a receipt for fees paid for the current school year (2017-2018), or you may send your student in to pick up a receipt from Ms Neeb. Thanks!
The 2018-2019 WRDSB school year calendar is now available.
- Please consider these dates when planning your holidays. IB students may be missing significant assessments if you plan vacations during Instructional Days, Assessment and Examination periods. Please plan your vacations accordingly.
- School Year Calendar for 2018-2019–SYC-2018-2019-Secondary
The May 2019 IB Examination Schedule is available!
Please note that all IB Physics SL students are required to write an IB Examination on Victoria Day in 2019. Please plan ahead.
Great Summer Opportunity
Plans for the Faculty of Education’s LEAP (Laurier Enriched Academic Program) Summer 2018 Enrichment Day Camps are well underway and we’re wondering if you or someone you know might be interested in volunteering. This is a wonderful opportunity to gain experience working with children in a fun, educational atmosphere! All camps are held on the Waterloo campus.
LEAP camps are geared towards gifted/ highly able students who are in Grades 1-9. Camps are designed and led by certified teachers with the assistance of our volunteers. Our programming offers fun, challenging activities in an engaging environment, with topics including coding, robotics, art, inventing, writing, biology, astronomy and more!
We have been fortunate to have great volunteers for past camps including certified teachers, university students/ grads and high school students. We understand that our volunteers are busy and may not be able to commit to two weeks of full time volunteering, and we are always glad to work around our volunteers’ schedules. Many volunteers help out for half days or just a handful of days over the two weeks – whatever works for you! These hours can also be counted towards your community service requirement.
LEAP CAMPS: July 9-13 & July 16-20
VOLUNTEER TIMES: Morning – 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m., Afternoon – 11:45 – 4:45 p.m. or Full day – 8:00 a.m. – 4:45 p.m. (with a lunch break)
Applications are due by June 11; however, we will continue accepting applications as long as we still need volunteers. If you have any questions feel free to contact me. Camp descriptions and registration details are posted on our website, www.wlu.ca/leap. If you do not have a current (dated July 20, 2017 or later) Police Check for the Vulnerable Sector, LEAP will cover the $10 cost for you.
Please feel free to pass this e-mail along to anyone whom you think may be interested.
External Programs Coordinator,
Faculty of Education
Cameron Heights IB Course Selection
- CLICK HERE for The Nuts and Bolts of IB : A presentation on Course Selection for current Grade 9 and 10 Pre IB Students and their parents given on Feb 7th, 2018.
- Current Grade 10 Pre IB Course Selection Slides (includes a sample timetable for a Grade 11 Full Diploma student): Click Here
- Current Grade 11 IB Course Selection Slides (includes a sample timetable for a grade 12 Full Diploma student): Click Here
Cameron Heights IB Parent Association
NEXT MEETING DATE: Tuesday June 12 at 7 pm at ABE ERB Brewing Company, downtown Kitchener
Agenda: Restaurant info here: http://abeerb.com/
If you intend to come, please send a message to email@example.com
We hope to see many of you there. Don’t be shy! It is an opportunity to meet other parents. Even if you have not attended many or any meetings this year, you are welcome.
Minutes/Agendas from last PREVIOUS Parent Association Meeting:
- CIBPA_Dec_12_2017_minutes – final
- CIBPA Feb 13 2018 minutes
- 2018 03 20 Meeting Agenda
- April MINUTES: 2018 04 10 Meeting Minutes CIBPA
Our Application Period for Grade 8s is CLOSED and all offers of admission have been sent to email addresses provided.
If you wish to make a late application to IB, we will review them on a case by case basis. All parts of the application, accompanying documentation and fee must be submitted for consideration.
Looking For Volunteer Opportunities?
CIBPA (Cameron IB Parent Association)
Future Meeting dates will be posted on our School Calendar. The Parents decided that the 2nd Tuesday of each month is a suitable meeting time for the year, however some conflicts have come up and dates have been changed. The School Calendar and this website page will be updated with new dates.
May 2017 IB Examination Results Statistics
For those of you who like to plan ahead:
*The May 2019 Examinations will begin May 2 and finish on May 24 2019. Physics SL Students will be sitting an Examination on Victoria Day in the morning. There is no other day to take this examination. Please plan accordingly.*
IB Pathways for University
Many IB students are unsure which IB courses they should take to pursue a variety of University programs. This chart outlines our recommendations. IB Pathways for University
If you have more questions about Course Selection for Grade 9, 10 or 11 IB, please see the Course Selection information on our Guidance Page. All Course Selection Information can be found there.
Grade 9 English Classroom Visits
Ms Neeb visited Current Grade 9 English Classes in October and March. If you missed the presentation, view this powerpoint for more information: intro-to-ib-at-cameron-grade-9-classes
Is your family planning a holiday?
Please be aware that we do not encourage students to be taken out of school for family travel. The IB programme requires that a specific number of instructional hours be completed by students. Before planning your holiday, please view our 2017-18 Secondary Calendar to determine school holidays. If you plan to remove your student from classes, please contact the appropriate Vice Principal.
Did you miss the CAS presentation in June for current grade 10 students? You will receive a welcome email from ManageBac in August. Please click on the links for information:
Year 2 Full Diploma Students (Grade 12): Please continue to update your ManageBac experiences, add your reflections and upload your evidence. See Ms Neeb for any CAS questions.
Year 1 Full Diploma Students (Grade 11): Welcome emails for ManageBac will be sent to your school gmail account in the summer. Every Year 1 Full Diploma student must add at least one CAS experience by October 31 of Grade 11 to ensure you understand the process. Please see Ms Neeb for all CAS related questions.
Only students who live within the Cameron Heights boundaries receive transportation.
OVERVIEW OF THE IB PROGRAMME
The IB programme allows students to explore their personal and academic interests via the International Baccalaureate model. Depending on their post-secondary aspirations and learning goals, students have the option of completing individual IB courses or completing the full IB Diploma. Both program options are valuable and should be chosen based on individual student needs. Please explore our “About”, “For Parents” and “IB Curriculum Summaries” Pages for a more detailed explanation of student options.
Please contact Julie Neeb at Cameron Heights if you have questions about the IB Programme.
519-578-8330 ext 5519