- 1If you missed the IB Parent Association meeting on Monday January 20th, please see the slide show below:
- 2Do you wish to apply to CHCI IB for September 2020? Please visit our ADMISSIONS PAGE!
- 3IB Directory for carpooling purposes is available.
- 4Advanced Notice: IB Exams in May 2020
- 5Curious about our IB Diploma and Certificate Success Rate?
- 6Please add me to the CHCI IB Parent Association Email List
- 7Important Dates
- 8Interested in University Application Info and Scholarships?
- 9International Student Exchanges
- 10IB Fee Receipts
- 11Cameron Heights IB Parent Association
- 12IB Announcements
- 13Looking For Volunteer Opportunities?
- 14For those of you who like to plan ahead:
- 15IB Pathways for University
- 16Is your family planning a holiday?
- 17CAS Requirement
- 18CAS REMINDERS
- 20OVERVIEW OF THE IB PROGRAMME
If you missed the IB Parent Association meeting on Monday January 20th, please see the slide show below:
Do you wish to apply to CHCI IB for September 2020? Please visit our ADMISSIONS PAGE!
- DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS is January 16, 2020.
IB Directory for carpooling purposes is available.
Parents must contact Ms Neeb to have a list sent to them via email. Please indicate the CITY in which you live. Lists will not be given to students.
Please see our “For Parents” Page for more helpful presentations about IB and supporting your student.
Advanced Notice: IB Exams in May 2020
If you are writing IB Chemistry (SL or HL) in May of 2020, your exam is scheduled for VICTORIA DAY in the morning. Please be aware of this date and do not plan any “holiday” activities for the morning. You should be done writing the exam by 10:30 a.m. at the latest on Monday May 18th 2020. Click here: May 2020 IB Exam Schedule
Extended Essay and CAS Info for Parents-May 2019–This information was presented at our last CIBPA meeting for this school year.
Here are some links to helpful Course Selection Info by GRADE (this information will be updated in Feb 2020):
Curious about our IB Diploma and Certificate Success Rate?
Highlights from May 2019 Examination Session
- 235 students wrote IB examinations in May of 2019 at CHCI (grade 11 and 12 students).
- Our highest score was 43/45 points and our average score on the Diploma was 35/45 (equals 92% average across all Grade 12 4U IB courses!). The world average IB score is 29/45. CHCI IB well exceeds that world average.
- 96% of those students were successful on their examinations.
- 71% of IB Bio students scored 93% +; 23% scored 97% +
- 64% of IB English students scored 93% +
- 43% of IB Physics students scored 93% +; 21% scored 97% +
- 71% of IB Math students scored 93% +; 38% scored 97% +
- 64% of IB Business Management students scored 93% +; 12% scored 97% +
- 68% of IB French students scored 93% +
- 62% of IB Psychology students scored 93% +
Please add me to the CHCI IB Parent Association Email List
If you would like to be updated about CIBPA events and you do not already receive emails from us, please complete this CONTACT FORM.
- From CIBPA Meeting on November 18–Resource List – Supporting the well-being of your student
- CANCELLED: IB Parent Association Meeting: Dec 16 TOPIC: IB Mathematics New Curriculum–This meeting is postponed until the new year.
- Christmas Break: December 21st to January 5
- First Semester Exams: January 24-30
- IB Examinations: May 1 to 22
- Second Semester Exams: June 18-24
- IB Examination Results Available: July 7
Interested in University Application Info and Scholarships?
JOIN THE GOOGLE CLASSROOM for your grade, and see the GUIDANCE PAGE! All the info you need can be found there. University applications, admissions and scholarships require RESEARCH in advance. Please don’t get left behind! Plan your future.
Is Medical School in your future? Here is a new resource available for parents and students: Just What the Doctor Ordered
International Student Exchanges
IB students who are interested in student exchange programs must be cautious of WHEN they embark on the exchange. The Full Diploma program must be completed in two years, so Full Diploma students need to consider exchanges in grades 9 or 10 OR in the summers. Grade 11 and 12 Full Diploma students MAY NOT miss the class time due to an exchange. Here is a Board approved program to check out if you are interested in an exhange: ISE Ontario International Student Exchange
IB Fee Receipts
Notice to all parents regarding Fee Receipts: IB Fees can not be used for tax purposes. See the information provided under “For Parents” regarding Canada Revenue. Consequently, receipts will only be issued to parents who request a fee receipt, as a way to cut down on paper use. You may email firstname.lastname@example.org for a receipt for fees paid for the current school year (2017-2018), or you may send your student in to pick up a receipt from Ms Neeb. Thanks!
Cameron Heights IB Parent Association
- Presentation from October 22 2019 IB Parent Association Meeting: Intro to CIBPA and IB at Cameron Oct 2019 and 2019 10 22 Staying in touch
- Presentation from March Meeting: IB Assessment
- If you missed our January Meeting, see this link to Mindfulness Presentation for IB Parents, presented to us by Ms Ledlow
- Here is a link to an article on how to help your child prepare for Examinations: The IB Climb
- Here is a link to the Presentation that was done on Pre IB Course Selection: Course Selection Prep for Juniors
- Here are the minutes from our last meeting 2018 11 06 CIBPA Minutes
- Intro to CIBPA and IB at Cameron Oct 2018
Looking For Volunteer Opportunities?
For those of you who like to plan ahead:
The May 2020 IB Exam Schedule is available. Please note that IB Chemistry Students must write an exam on the Holiday Monday, Victoria Day in 2020.
IB Pathways for University
Many IB students are unsure which IB courses they should take to pursue a variety of University programs. This chart outlines our recommendations. IB Pathways for University
If you have more questions about Course Selection for Grade 9, 10 or 11 IB, please see the Course Selection information on our Guidance Page. All Course Selection Information can be found there.
Is your family planning a holiday?
Please be aware that we discourage parents/guardians from taking students out of school for family travel. We can not guarantee that a student’s progress and success will not be hurt by this. The IB programme requires that a specific number of instructional hours be completed by students. Before planning your holiday, please check our School Year Calendar to determine school holidays. If you plan to remove your student from classes, please contact the appropriate Vice Principal.
Did you miss the CAS presentation in June for current grade 10 students? You will receive a welcome email from ManageBac in August. Please click on the links for information:
Year 2 Full Diploma Students (Grade 12): Please continue to update your ManageBac experiences, add your reflections and upload your evidence. See Ms Neeb for any CAS questions.
Year 1 Full Diploma Students (Grade 11): Welcome emails for ManageBac will be sent to your school gmail account in the summer. Every Year 1 Full Diploma student must add at least one CAS experience by October 31 of Grade 11 to ensure you understand the process. Please see Ms Neeb for all CAS related questions.
Only students who live within the Cameron Heights boundaries receive transportation.
OVERVIEW OF THE IB PROGRAMME
The IB programme allows students to explore their personal and academic interests via the International Baccalaureate model. Depending on their post-secondary aspirations and learning goals, students have the option of completing individual IB courses or completing the full IB Diploma. Both program options are valuable and should be chosen based on individual student needs. Please explore our “About”, “For Parents” and “IB Curriculum Summaries” Pages for a more detailed explanation of student options.
Please contact Julie Neeb at Cameron Heights if you have questions about the IB Programme.
519-578-8330 ext 5519