- 1Important Dates
- 2Interested in University Application Info and Scholarships?
- 3Are you interested in studying abroad?
- 4International Student Exchanges
- 5Notice to all parents regarding Fee Receipts: IB Fees can not be used for tax purposes. See the information provided under "For Parents" regarding Canada Revenue. Consequently, receipts will only be issued to parents who request a fee receipt, as a way to cut down on paper use. You may email firstname.lastname@example.org for a receipt for fees paid for the current school year (2017-2018), or you may send your student in to pick up a receipt from Ms Neeb. Thanks!
- 6The 2018-2019 WRDSB school year calendar is now available.
- 7The May 2019 IB Examination Schedule is available!
- 8Cameron Heights IB Course Selection
- 9Cameron Heights IB Parent Association
- 10Our Application Period for Grade 8s is CLOSED and all offers of admission have been sent to email addresses provided.
- 11IB Announcements
- 12Looking For Volunteer Opportunities?
- 13CIBPA (Cameron IB Parent Association)
- 14May 2017 IB Examination Results Statistics
- 15For those of you who like to plan ahead:
- 16IB Pathways for University
- 17Is your family planning a holiday?
- 18CAS Requirement
- 19CAS REMINDERS
- 21OVERVIEW OF THE IB PROGRAMME
- PD Day: Friday September 21
- Commencement: Friday October 5
- Thanksgiving: Monday October 8
- IB Parent Association Meeting-October 16 in the Cafeteria
- Parent-Teacher Night: Wednesday October 24
- PD Day: Friday October 26
- PD Day: Friday November 16
- IB Grade 8 Info Night: Tuesday November 20
- Midterm Report Cards: Thursday November 22
- Christmas Holidays: December 24 to January 4
- Grade 8 Info Night (not IB): Tuesday January 15
- Final Evaluation and Exam Days (Sem 1): Friday January 18 to Thursday January 31
- Semester 2 Begins: Monday February 4
- Final Report Cards: Thursday February 14
- Family Day: Monday February 18
- March Break: March 11 to 15
- Parent-Teacher Night: Wednesday Marcy 27
- Literacy Test Day: Tuesday April 9
- PD Day: Friday April 12
- Easter Holiday: April 19 to 22
- Tuesday April 30: Midterm Report Card
- IB Examinations: Friday May 3 to Friday May 24
- Victoria Day Holiday: Monday May 20 (Please note that IB Physics students DO NOT have this day off)
- Final Evaluation and Exam Days (Sem 2): Friday June 14 to Wednesday June 26
- Cameron Heights 50th Anniversay: Saturday June 15
- IB Examination Results Available: July 7th
Interested in University Application Info and Scholarships?
JOIN THE GOOGLE CLASSROOM for your grade, and see the GUIDANCE PAGE! All the info you need can be found there. University applications, admissions and scholarships require RESEARCH in advance. Please don’t get left behind! Plan your future.
Are you interested in studying abroad?
The Study and Go Abroad Fair is Canada’s largest international university and student travel expo. The expo lands in Toronto on October 14th. Check out their website for more info: Study and Go Abroad Expo
International Student Exchanges
IB students who are interested in student exchange programs must be cautious of WHEN they embark on the exchange. The Full Diploma program must be completed in two years, so Full Diploma students need to consider exchanges in grades 9 or 10 OR in the summers. Grade 11 and 12 Full Diploma students MAY NOT miss the class time due to an exchange. Here is a Board approved program to check out if you are interested in an exhange: ISE Ontario International Student Exchange
Notice to all parents regarding Fee Receipts: IB Fees can not be used for tax purposes. See the information provided under “For Parents” regarding Canada Revenue. Consequently, receipts will only be issued to parents who request a fee receipt, as a way to cut down on paper use. You may email email@example.com for a receipt for fees paid for the current school year (2017-2018), or you may send your student in to pick up a receipt from Ms Neeb. Thanks!
The 2018-2019 WRDSB school year calendar is now available.
- Please consider these dates when planning your holidays. IB students may be missing significant assessments if you plan vacations during Instructional Days, Assessment and Examination periods. Please plan your vacations accordingly.
- School Year Calendar for 2018-2019–SYC-2018-2019-Secondary
The May 2019 IB Examination Schedule is available!
Please note that all IB Physics SL students are required to write an IB Examination on Victoria Day in 2019. Please plan ahead.
Cameron Heights IB Course Selection
- CLICK HERE for The Nuts and Bolts of IB : A presentation on Course Selection for current Grade 9 and 10 Pre IB Students and their parents given on Feb 7th, 2018.
- Current Grade 10 Pre IB Course Selection Slides (includes a sample timetable for a Grade 11 Full Diploma student): Click Here
- Current Grade 11 IB Course Selection Slides (includes a sample timetable for a grade 12 Full Diploma student): Click Here
Cameron Heights IB Parent Association
NEXT MEETING DATE: TUESDAY OCTOBER 16 AT 7 PM IN THE CAFETERIA–All IB Parents are encouraged to attend, but this meeting is primarily aimed at a GRADE 9 IB Parent Audience. For our first meeting of the year, we will be providing an overview of the IB Program and answering questions from Grade 9 Parents. If you have been attending the CIBPA meetings over the last few years, this meeting will not be setting an agenda for the year. We will do that in November.
Minutes/Agendas from last PREVIOUS Parent Association Meeting:
- CIBPA_Dec_12_2017_minutes – final
- CIBPA Feb 13 2018 minutes
- 2018 03 20 Meeting Agenda
- April MINUTES: 2018 04 10 Meeting Minutes CIBPA
Our Application Period for Grade 8s is CLOSED and all offers of admission have been sent to email addresses provided.
If you wish to make a late application to IB, we will review them on a case by case basis. All parts of the application, accompanying documentation and fee must be submitted for consideration.
Looking For Volunteer Opportunities?
CIBPA (Cameron IB Parent Association)
Future Meeting dates will be posted on our School Calendar. The meetings will continue to be on one Tuesday night each month. We are sorry if that conflicts with other events you may have, but we have established a pattern of IB events on Tuesday, and other CHCI events on Wednesday. The School Calendar and this website page will be updated with new dates.
May 2017 IB Examination Results Statistics
For those of you who like to plan ahead:
*The May 2019 Examinations will begin May 2 and finish on May 24 2019. Physics SL Students will be sitting an Examination on Victoria Day in the morning. There is no other day to take this examination. Please plan accordingly.*
IB Pathways for University
Many IB students are unsure which IB courses they should take to pursue a variety of University programs. This chart outlines our recommendations. IB Pathways for University
If you have more questions about Course Selection for Grade 9, 10 or 11 IB, please see the Course Selection information on our Guidance Page. All Course Selection Information can be found there.
Is your family planning a holiday?
Please be aware that we do not encourage students to be taken out of school for family travel. The IB programme requires that a specific number of instructional hours be completed by students. Before planning your holiday, please view our School Year Calendar 2018-19 to determine school holidays. If you plan to remove your student from classes, please contact the appropriate Vice Principal.
Did you miss the CAS presentation in June for current grade 10 students? You will receive a welcome email from ManageBac in August. Please click on the links for information:
Year 2 Full Diploma Students (Grade 12): Please continue to update your ManageBac experiences, add your reflections and upload your evidence. See Ms Neeb for any CAS questions.
Year 1 Full Diploma Students (Grade 11): Welcome emails for ManageBac will be sent to your school gmail account in the summer. Every Year 1 Full Diploma student must add at least one CAS experience by October 31 of Grade 11 to ensure you understand the process. Please see Ms Neeb for all CAS related questions.
Only students who live within the Cameron Heights boundaries receive transportation.
OVERVIEW OF THE IB PROGRAMME
The IB programme allows students to explore their personal and academic interests via the International Baccalaureate model. Depending on their post-secondary aspirations and learning goals, students have the option of completing individual IB courses or completing the full IB Diploma. Both program options are valuable and should be chosen based on individual student needs. Please explore our “About”, “For Parents” and “IB Curriculum Summaries” Pages for a more detailed explanation of student options.
Please contact Julie Neeb at Cameron Heights if you have questions about the IB Programme.
519-578-8330 ext 5519