- 1Have a Great Summer! IB Results are available on July 7th.
- 1..1Interested in applying to the IB Program for September 2020?
- 1..2Advanced Notice: IB Exams in May 2020
- 1..3Our Grade 8 IB Information Night was held on November 20th, 2018.
- 1..4Our CHCI IB Application Period is now closed. If you would like to apply as a late applicant (admission is not guaranteed), you will need to contact the IB Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1..5Curious about our IB Diploma and Certificate Success Rate?
- 1..6Please add me to the CHCI IB Parent Association Email List
- 1..7Important Dates
- 1..8Interested in University Application Info and Scholarships?
- 1..9International Student Exchanges
- 1..10IB Fee Receipts
- 2Cameron Heights IB Parent Association
- 3IB Announcements
- 3.1Looking For Volunteer Opportunities?
- 3.2May 2017 IB Examination Results Statistics
- 3.3For those of you who like to plan ahead:
- 3.4IB Pathways for University
- 3.5Is your family planning a holiday?
- 3.6CAS Requirement
- 3.7CAS REMINDERS
- 3.9OVERVIEW OF THE IB PROGRAMME
Have a Great Summer! IB Results are available on July 7th.
Please note: Report cards for students in IB Grades 11 and 12 (who wrote examinations in May 2019) will not be available for pick up until JULY 9th!
Interested in applying to the IB Program for September 2020?
Please check our website under ADMISSIONS in October of 2019. Our website will be updated with the Admission procedures and the online application at that time. Our Grade 8 Information Night for IB will be held on TUESDAY NOVEMBER 19th 2019 at 7 pm at Cameron Heights. This is the ONLY EVENING that this presentation will take place. CHCI Guidance Counsellors will visit GRADE 8 SCHOOLS in the WRDSB during October and November to provide information for Grade 8 students during a Nutrition Break. If you are a student at a Private School or in the Separate Board, we recommend you attend our Information Evening as well. This program is in high demand and we often receive far more applications than we have seats in the program. Late applicants often can not be accommodated.
Advanced Notice: IB Exams in May 2020
If you are writing IB Chemistry (SL or HL) in May of 2020, your exam is scheduled for VICTORIA DAY in the morning. Please be aware of this date and do not plan any “holiday” activities for the morning. You should be done writing the exam by 10:30 a.m. at the latest on Monday May 18th 2020. Click here: May 2020 IB Exam Schedule
Extended Essay and CAS Info for Parents-May 2019–This information was presented at our last CIBPA meeting for this school year.
For more detailed information from the cancelled presentation can be found at: http://chcicourseselection.weebly.com/ib-course-selection-info.html
Here are some links to helpful Course Selection Info by GRADE:
Our Grade 8 IB Information Night was held on November 20th, 2018.
Our CHCI IB Application Period is now closed. If you would like to apply as a late applicant (admission is not guaranteed), you will need to contact the IB Coordinator at email@example.com
Please visit our ADMISSIONS PAGE!
Curious about our IB Diploma and Certificate Success Rate?
Highlights from May 2018 Examination Session
- 242 students wrote IB examinations in May of 2018 at CHCI.
- 100% of those students were successful on their examinations.
- 53% of IB Bio students scored 93% +; 14% scored 97% +
- 58% of IB Chem students scored 93% +; 27% scored 97% +
- 61% of IB Physics students scored 93% +; 36% scored 97% +
- 58% of IB Math students scored 93% +; 29% scored 97% +
- Of the 210 students who began the IB Program at CHCI in Grade 9 (2014-15), 174 students completed the IB Diploma (83) OR IB Certificates (91) in one or more subject areas (that is over 80% of the students who began the IB Program in Grade 9 who completed the IB Full Diploma or IB Certificates by Grade 12!).
Please add me to the CHCI IB Parent Association Email List
If you would like to be updated about CIBPA events and you do not already receive emails from us, please complete this CONTACT FORM.
- Final Evaluation and Exam Days (Sem 2): Friday June 14 to Wednesday June 26
- Cameron Heights 50th Anniversay: Saturday June 15
- IB Examination Results Available: July 7th
Interested in University Application Info and Scholarships?
JOIN THE GOOGLE CLASSROOM for your grade, and see the GUIDANCE PAGE! All the info you need can be found there. University applications, admissions and scholarships require RESEARCH in advance. Please don’t get left behind! Plan your future.
Is Medical School in your future? Here is a new resource available for parents and students: Just What the Doctor Ordered
International Student Exchanges
IB students who are interested in student exchange programs must be cautious of WHEN they embark on the exchange. The Full Diploma program must be completed in two years, so Full Diploma students need to consider exchanges in grades 9 or 10 OR in the summers. Grade 11 and 12 Full Diploma students MAY NOT miss the class time due to an exchange. Here is a Board approved program to check out if you are interested in an exhange: ISE Ontario International Student Exchange
IB Fee Receipts
Notice to all parents regarding Fee Receipts: IB Fees can not be used for tax purposes. See the information provided under “For Parents” regarding Canada Revenue. Consequently, receipts will only be issued to parents who request a fee receipt, as a way to cut down on paper use. You may email firstname.lastname@example.org for a receipt for fees paid for the current school year (2017-2018), or you may send your student in to pick up a receipt from Ms Neeb. Thanks!
Cameron Heights IB Parent Association
- Presentation from March Meeting: IB Assessment
- If you missed our January Meeting, see this link to Mindfulness Presentation for IB Parents, presented to us by Ms Ledlow
- Here is a link to an article on how to help your child prepare for Examinations: The IB Climb
- Here is a link to the Presentation that was done on Pre IB Course Selection: Course Selection Prep for Juniors
- Here are the minutes from our last meeting 2018 11 06 CIBPA Minutes
- Intro to CIBPA and IB at Cameron Oct 2018
Looking For Volunteer Opportunities?
May 2017 IB Examination Results Statistics
For those of you who like to plan ahead:
The May 2020 IB Exam Schedule is available. Please note that IB Chemistry Students must write an exam on the Holiday Monday, Victoria Day in 2020.
IB Pathways for University
Many IB students are unsure which IB courses they should take to pursue a variety of University programs. This chart outlines our recommendations. IB Pathways for University
If you have more questions about Course Selection for Grade 9, 10 or 11 IB, please see the Course Selection information on our Guidance Page. All Course Selection Information can be found there.
Is your family planning a holiday?
Please be aware that we discourage parents/guardians from taking students out of school for family travel. We can not guarantee that a student’s progress and success will not be hurt by this. The IB programme requires that a specific number of instructional hours be completed by students. Before planning your holiday, please check our School Year Calendar to determine school holidays. If you plan to remove your student from classes, please contact the appropriate Vice Principal.
Did you miss the CAS presentation in June for current grade 10 students? You will receive a welcome email from ManageBac in August. Please click on the links for information:
Year 2 Full Diploma Students (Grade 12): Please continue to update your ManageBac experiences, add your reflections and upload your evidence. See Ms Neeb for any CAS questions.
Year 1 Full Diploma Students (Grade 11): Welcome emails for ManageBac will be sent to your school gmail account in the summer. Every Year 1 Full Diploma student must add at least one CAS experience by October 31 of Grade 11 to ensure you understand the process. Please see Ms Neeb for all CAS related questions.
Only students who live within the Cameron Heights boundaries receive transportation.
OVERVIEW OF THE IB PROGRAMME
The IB programme allows students to explore their personal and academic interests via the International Baccalaureate model. Depending on their post-secondary aspirations and learning goals, students have the option of completing individual IB courses or completing the full IB Diploma. Both program options are valuable and should be chosen based on individual student needs. Please explore our “About”, “For Parents” and “IB Curriculum Summaries” Pages for a more detailed explanation of student options.
Please contact Julie Neeb at Cameron Heights if you have questions about the IB Programme.
519-578-8330 ext 5519