- 1.1Attention all Grade 10 and 11 IB students wishing to apply to US universities: there is a US University Fair on May 4:
- 1.2IB Fees for 2017-2018 are due May 1st. Fee information went home with all Grade 9, 10 and 11 students in April. Please submit your fee for next year to Ms Neeb ASAP.
- 1.3The IB Parent Association Meeting Scheduled for Monday April 3rd has been CANCELLED. Our next meeting is Tuesday May 2nd at 7 pm in A202.
- 1.4CAS portfolios will be returned to graduating students in June. Congratulations on completing this portion of your IB Diploma!
- 2IB Examinations May 2017
- 3IB Fee Receipts
- 4IB Pathways for University
- 5Cameron Heights IB Grade 8 Information Night
- 6Grade 9 English Classroom Visits
- 7Is your family planning a holiday?
- 8IB Fees
- 9CAS Requirement
- 10Car Pooling
- 11IB Applications for 2017-2018
- 13CAS REMINDERS
- 15OVERVIEW OF THE IB PROGRAMME
Attention all Grade 10 and 11 IB students wishing to apply to US universities: there is a US University Fair on May 4:
Applying to Highly Selective U.S. Colleges on Thursday, May 4 from 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM at University of Toronto Schools (UTS) auditorium. This comprehensive presentation covers the following:
- Types of universities/colleges in the U.S. (i.e. liberal arts colleges vs. major research universities)
- Admissions & Financial Aid Lingo – ED vs. EA vs. RD vs. Rolling
- What is a highly selective school and why should I consider applying?
- How to approach and demystify the process
- Committee discussion at Penn and other selective colleges
- Applying as an international student
- Tips for the road
IB Fees for 2017-2018 are due May 1st. Fee information went home with all Grade 9, 10 and 11 students in April. Please submit your fee for next year to Ms Neeb ASAP.
The IB Parent Association Meeting Scheduled for Monday April 3rd has been CANCELLED. Our next meeting is Tuesday May 2nd at 7 pm in A202.
CAS portfolios will be returned to graduating students in June. Congratulations on completing this portion of your IB Diploma!
IB Examinations May 2017
- Calendar Version May 2017 IB Exam Schedule
- CHCI IB Examination Schedule May 2017
- IB Examinations Cancelled Classes 2017
- For more information, use the IB Examinations Tab on the left.
IB Fee Receipts
Fee Receipts for Grade 11 and 12 IB students will be given out to students in February each year. These receipts are not tax receipts. Fees for Secondary School programs can not be claimed as tax credits, according to Revenue Canada. Please see the “For Parents” page for more information.
IB Pathways for University
Many IB students are unsure which IB courses they should take to pursue a variety of University programs. This chart outlines our recommendations. IB Pathways for University
If you have more questions about Course Selection for Grade 9, 10 or 11 IB, please see the Course Selection information on our Guidance Page. All Course Selection Information can be found there.
Cameron Heights IB Grade 8 Information Night
Our IB Grade 8 Information Evening was held on November 29th 2016. If you missed the Open House and Presentation, you may view the presentation here: ib-powerpoint-nov-2016
The Application period for CHCI IB – September 2017 is now closed. Thanks to all of our Grade 8 Applicants.
Grade 9 English Classroom Visits
Ms Neeb visited Current Grade 9 English Classes on March 9th. If you miss the presentation, view this powerpoint for more information: intro-to-ib-at-cameron-grade-9-classes
Is your family planning a holiday?
Please be aware that we do not encourage students to be taken out of school for family travel. The IB programme requires that a specific number of instructional hours be completed by students. Before planning your holiday, please view our cameron-school-year-calendar-2016-2017 to determine school holidays. If you plan to remove your student from classes, please contact the appropriate Vice Principal.
All IB fees for the current school year are past due. Please submit your IB fees to Ms Neeb in Guidance.
Grade 9 fees are $200 and were due on October 31st. Fees may be paid on School Day, or can be paid by Cash or Cheque (made out to Cameron Heights) and given to Ms Neeb.
Fees for the upcoming school year (2017-2018) are due in May 2017. Students will receive fee information and notices in April.
Did you miss the CAS presentation in EE? Please click on the link for information:
CAR POOL LISTS FOR THIS SCHOOL YEAR ARE AVAILABLE. Sign up for your copy in the Guidance Office or email Ms Neeb to have a copy sent to a PARENT email address.
IB Applications for 2017-2018
The IB Application Period for current Grade 8 students will begin in November. Our Admissions Page has been updated. If you are a new student to the region, please contact the IB Co-ordinator for information about how to apply, or see our Admissions Page.
Full Diploma Students (Grade 12): Please complete your diaries and reflections as you finish your CAS experiences. Keep all of your diaries and reflections in a binder with your planners. Stay organized and up-to-date! See Ms Neeb for any CAS questions.
Year 1 Diploma Students (Grade 11): You should be using ManageBac to record your CAS Experiences. Please see Ms Neeb if you need help with your log in.
Only students who live within the Cameron Heights boundaries receive transportation.
OVERVIEW OF THE IB PROGRAMME
The IB programme allows students to explore their personal and academic interests via the International Baccalaureate model. Depending on their post-secondary aspirations and learning goals, students have the option of completing individual IB courses or completing the full IB Diploma. Both program options are valuable and should be chosen based on individual student needs. Please explore our “About”, “For Parents” and “IB Curriculum Summaries” Pages for a more detailed explanation of student options.
Please contact Julie Neeb at Cameron Heights if you have questions about the IB Programme.
519-578-8330 ext 519