- 1APPLICATION PROCEDURE (from grade 8)
- 2Notification of Acceptance: (ON February 4, 2022)
- 3Students whose HOME SECONDARY SCHOOL is in Cambridge MUST apply to GPSS. Check your address here: bpweb.stswr.ca/Eligibility
- 4APPLICATION PROCEDURE (after grade 9)
- 5Grade 8 Q&A
- 6WHAT ARE THE QUALITIES OF AN IB STUDENT?
APPLICATION PROCEDURE (from grade 8)
“The aim of all IB programmes is to develop internationally minded people who recognize their common humanity and shared guardianship of the planet.
… IB programmes therefore provide students with opportunities for sustained inquiry into a range of local and global issues and ideas”
We encourage applications from grade 8 students who love learning, are internationally-minded, and see themselves in the IB learner attributes.
Online Application for grade 9 CHCI pre-IB (applying from grade 8) open from December 1 to January 11
- Complete the online application for 2022-2023 (Apply Now button below -opens December 1, 2021).
- You will need to upload a copy of your grade 7 report card from June (and grade 8 Interim Report, if available). You will also make your grade 9 course selections. (see course descriptions here) If accepted, you will still need to register for these courses in My Way. Non-WRDSB students do not enter their courses into My Way. We will do this based on the selections in your application.
- Let your guidance counsellor know that you have applied.
Please note: We typically receive over 400 applications for 225 seats. We are unable to respond to phone or email inquiries checking to see if we have received everything or for an update on admission status.
Our IB Admissions Committee will review each application and grant acceptance to those students who qualify in terms of their demonstration of learning skills and work habits and academic suitability. The CHCI registration needs to be completed by February 11, 2022
Notification of Acceptance: (ON February 4, 2022)
Confirmation and CHCI registration: (February 18, 2022)
Students must confirm their seat in the IB Programme by returning the offer to CHCI by completing the Google Form and by notifying their elementary home school by February 18, 2022. As per the WRDSB System Memo: ES 052, Students who do not communicate their intention by the deadline will automatically be declined admission to the programme.
Students whose HOME SECONDARY SCHOOL is in Cambridge MUST apply to GPSS. Check your address here: bpweb.stswr.ca/Eligibility
LATE APPLICATION FORM for students applying to CHCI grade 9 pre-IB from grade 8 (September 2021 admission). WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR SEPT. 2021.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE (after grade 9)
Late Application (applying after Grade 9): link coming soon
Students new to the region and the WRDSB may submit applications after the deadline, for review on a case by case basis. We cannot guarantee admission for late applicants.
APPLICATION FORM for students applying to grade 10 or 11 (September 2022 admission). Please note that any student applying after grade 9 MAY NOT BE ELIGIBLE to play sports in WCSSAA for one full year . Check the WCSSAA website for more information. WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR SEPT. 2021.
If you have questions, please contact Julie Clancy at firstname.lastname@example.org
Grade 8 Q&A
- Q: I am trying to register and the form says that I need to show original documents. What do I do?
- A: Please complete the form without showing us the documents for now. Due to Covid, we cannot allow visitors into the school. We may ask you to present these documents at a later date.
- Q: I have submitted the registration, but I’m not sure it was received. (or: I have asked for confirmation, but haven’t heard back.)
- A: Please be patient as we process all of the registrations. We will contact you if you accepted a seat, but we haven’t received it.
- Q: How do I register for grade 9 courses?
- A: For WRDSB students, your Guidance Counsellors will have more information for you. You must resgister for your courses in My Way. Please visit our “Future Grade 9s” site on our main page as well as the links under the Guidance tab. For non-WRDSB students, our Guidance Counsellors will complete your course selections based on your application information. If you wish to make a change, you may contact your CHCI Counsellor (see list) beginning on February 26.
- Q: How do I pay the grade 9 IB fees?
- A: You will register for a School Day account in September 2021 and make the payment before October 30, 2021 ($400).
WHY IB? A spokesperson from the Stanford University tells you why HERE.
Presentation by UBC’s Admission Officer: IB Students and First Year University Performance
WHAT ARE THE QUALITIES OF AN IB STUDENT?
The Learner Profile is at the centre of the IB Diploma Programme. This video illustrates the qualities that IB students have and will continue to grow and develop as they participate in the programme.
Are you ready to become an IB Student at Cameron Heights? Ask yourself this question and use the checklist to help you find the answer!
Here are the answers to some frequently asked questions that Parents have about IB: Parents’ FAQ about IB.
The goal of the IB Programme at Cameron Heights is to provide education for a better world. We hope that watching this video will inspire you to join our quest.
IB Fees for FULL DIPLOMA – Incoming Grade 8 Students September 2021 — Fees are approximate and are subject to change.
(Students Graduating in June 2025)
|9||October 2021 – gr 9||$400|
|10||May 2022 – gr 9||$400|
|11||May 2023 – gr 10||$1200|
|12||May 2024 – gr 11||$1200|
|Total Fees Collected||$3200|
Fees for grade 9 are to be paid in School Day by October 30, 2021.