- 1First IB Parent Association Meeting: TUESDAY OCT. 22nd at 7 pm in CHCI Library
- 2Extended Essay and CAS Info for Parents-May 2019
- 3Course Selection PREP for JUNIORS
- 4Here is a link to the slide show that may help with Course Selection
- 5Click here: Mindfulness Presentation for IB Parents from our January CIBPA meeting
- 6Notice to all parents regarding Fee Receipts: IB Fees can not be used for tax purposes. Consequently, receipts will only be issued to parents who request a fee receipt, as a way to cut down on paper use. You may email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a receipt for fees paid for the current school year, or you may send your student to Guidance to request a receipt.
- 7IS YOUR FAMILY PLANNING A HOLIDAY?
- 8CAMERON IB PARENT ASSOCIATION (CIBPA)
- 9IB FEES
- 10IB FEE RECEIPTS AND REFUNDS NOTICE
- 11OVERVIEW OF THE IB PROGRAMME AT CAMERON HEIGHTS
- 12Course Selection for Grade 11 IB students
- 13Course Selection for Grade 10 going into 11 IB students
- 14Course Selection for Grade 9 going into 10 Pre IB students
- 15IB REGULATIONS
First IB Parent Association Meeting: TUESDAY OCT. 22nd at 7 pm in CHCI Library
- More Course Selection Information can be found on this page (below), on our “For Students” Page and on our Guidance Page.
Click here: Mindfulness Presentation for IB Parents from our January CIBPA meeting
Notice to all parents regarding Fee Receipts: IB Fees can not be used for tax purposes. Consequently, receipts will only be issued to parents who request a fee receipt, as a way to cut down on paper use. You may email email@example.com to request a receipt for fees paid for the current school year, or you may send your student to Guidance to request a receipt.
IS YOUR FAMILY PLANNING A HOLIDAY?
Please be aware that we do not encourage students to be taken out of school for family travel. The IB programme requires that a specific number of instructional hours be completed by students. Before planning your holiday, please view our School Calendar to determine school holidays. If you plan to remove your student from classes, please contact the appropriate Vice Principal.
CAMERON IB PARENT ASSOCIATION (CIBPA)
- Here is a link to our March 2019 Presentation: IB Assessment
- Here is a reading to assist in preparation for Exams: The IB Climb
- Survey Results: CIBPA Survey analysis v9 – parents meeting prez
- About Canada Gap Year Experience: AboutCanGap+Bursary
This group of parents meet monthly to discuss issues of concern to IB Parents. The Association provides a forum to support the IB programme at Cameron Heights Collegiate Institute so that parents of IB students work closely with school staff to organize events and keep all IB parents informed.
Our Cameron Heights Calendar (on our home page) will have all the dates and times of the meetings once decided.
Please contact Julie Neeb at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about the IB Parent Association.
IB fees for current students in grades 10, 11 and 12 were due in May of 2019.
IB fees for our current grade 9 students are due on October 31, 2019. School Day has the information for payment.
IB FEE RECEIPTS AND REFUNDS NOTICE
IB Fee Receipts for the current school year will be given to Grade 11 and Grade 12 IB students in February IF REQUESTED. These fee receipts are not “tax” receipts, but are simply receipts for fees paid. IB Fees are not eligible for Tax Receipts. Revenue Canada’s website can provide you with more details. Refund cheques for students whose programme has changed are provided in DECEMBER of each school year.
OVERVIEW OF THE IB PROGRAMME AT CAMERON HEIGHTS
The IB programme allows students to explore their personal and academic interests via the International Baccalaureate model. Depending on their post-secondary aspirations and learning goals, students have the option of completing individual IB courses or completing the full IB Diploma. Both program options are valuable and should be chosen based on individual student needs. Please explore our “About” Page and our “IB Curriculum Summaries” Page to determine the best programme option for your child.
For a complete summary of our school profile, please read our IB School Profile 2015.
- Learner Profile
- Programme Standards and Practices
- General Regulations – Diploma Programme (first examinations)
- Responsibilties of IB World Schools in ensuring integrity of Assessments
Some other useful information for IB Parents and Potential IB Parents:
NEW! IBO Parent Page: IBO has created a new website area for parents of IB students.
IB CIBPA Handbook – Aug 2014–currently being updated
Are you ready to become an IB Student at Cameron Heights?