Dear Cameron Heights Collegiate families,

I am writing to let you know of an incident that happened in our school today.

This afternoon, materials inside a storage area of the school caught fire. 

Our students had already been dismissed for the day, but staff acted quickly and evacuated the school, awaiting the fire department response. The fire was contained to this one room, and smoke was exhausted by an existing fan in the storage room. 

WRDSB Facilities Services staff are now on site at the school to carry out any necessary cleaning and repairs. Our school day tomorrow, Wednesday, May 5, will proceed as scheduled for in-person learning students. 

We would like to thank our staff for acting quickly and safely evacuating the school, and the fire department for responding and keeping our school community safe.

If you have any questions about the incident, please do not hesitate to contact the school.

David Wilson


Cameron Heights Collegiate Institute